Jelenleg nincs feltöltött galéria. Kérjük nézzen vissza később.
Flor de la Mar
Flower of the Sea
A Tenger Virága
Rendező: Jorge THIELEN ARMAND
24 min. 2015,
szöveges, Spanish, English felírattal
On a remote Venezuelan island lie the ruins of Nueva Cádiz, the first European city in the Americas. Abandoned by the Spanish in the 16th century, the island now has a population of 51—all descendants of the slaves who built the city. Recent attempts by the Venezuelan government to revitalize the historic island have been foiled by mismanagement and insufficient funding, and the local community of fishermen is left to protect the site and their way of life.
Fontosabb bemutatási helyek:
- 39th Margaret Mead FF - New York City, USA
- Sarasota FF - Sarasota, USA
- Montreal Int. Documentary Festival (RIDM) - Montreal, Canada
- FICMA International Environmental FF - Barcelona, Spain
- Festival Trastevere - Rione del Cinema - Rome, Italy
- Green Film Festival of Seoul - Seoul, Korea
- American Documentary Film Festival - Palm Springs, USA
- Cinemaissí - Helsinki, Finland
- Green Screen - Trinidad & Tobago
- Venezuela en Corto (theatrical distribution) - various cities, Venezuela
- Cine Las Americas IFF - Austin, USA - Jury Award for Best Documentary Short
- Caracas Doc - Venezuela - Honorable Mention
Jorge THIELEN ARMAND
Jorge Thielen Armand is a Venezuelan director. His debut feature film La Soledad had its world premiere at the 73rd Venice International Film Festival. Jorge's documentary Flor de la Mar won the Jury Award for Best Documentary Short at the 2015 Cine Las Americas International Film Festival, and was screened at over 20 festivals around the world including the Margaret Mead FF, the Sarasota FF, and RIDM. Jorge holds a Communication Studies BA from Concordia University in Montreal, and is an alumni of Venice Biennale College Program, the Hot Docs Accelerator and the RIDM Talent Lab. In 2015 he founded La Faena with Rodrigo Michelangeli.
Nincs megjeleníthető aktualitás.